Logo_small

First in Service and Quality

Call us today to receive a free consultation.

(631) 283-3400

ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS

CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS

 Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas which is odorless, colorless, and tasteless. Carbon monoxide is produced whenever any fuel such as gas, oil, kerosene, wood, or charcoal is burned . Prevention is the key to avoiding carbon monoxide poisoning.

Have your fuel-burning appliances (including oil and gas furnaces, gas water heaters, gas ranges and ovens, gas dryers, gas or kerosene space heaters, fireplaces, and wood stoves)  inspected by a trained professional at the beginning of every heating season. Make certain that the flues and chimneys are connected, in good condition, and not blocked.

Have carbon monoxide detectors installed in all spaces that house these appliances. We can connect it directly to your alarm system so you can be notified in the event of any carbon monoxide alarms.

REQUEST A CALL

COMBUSTIBLE GAS

Gas leak detection is the process of identifying potentially hazardous gas leaks by means of various sensors. These sensors usually employ an audible alarm to alert people when a dangerous gas has been detected.

Natural Gas: Natural gas is commonly used for cooking, heating, and water heating.

It is primarily composed of methane which is a highly flammable chemical compound. Although it only happens rarely, a natural gas leak can sometimes occur inside the home, with possibly devastating results.

A natural gas leak is dangerous because it increases the risk of fire or explosion.

Propane Gas: Also used in the home, any gas leak is very dangerous. These fuel gases are heavier than air so that when they leak they do not dissipate, but instead pool into dangerous amounts that are highly combustible.

To prevent catastrophic explosions and fires, install a gas sensor next to appliances in your home which utilize gas. This is a small addition that provides a tremendous first line of defense.

WATER LEAKAGE DETECTOR

Damage resulting from broken water pipes is the number one home insurance claim. Don’t let a water leak become an expensive endeavor. Being notified upon the detection of water or the danger of frozen pipes can minimize damages or even circumvent them.

Leaking water can cause serious damage to your home, especially if left undetected. The Household Water Alert System is designed to detect water overflow, water leakage, or rising water. It is an active leak detection system intended to alert you of a leak and possibly turn off the water at the main line. Connected to central monitoring, it will send a signal to us and we will contact you. It will additionally give a water alarm indication at your keypad.

Some of the whole house systems that use remote water sensors also have temperature sensors. If the temperature at the sensor(s) in the home drops below a specified point, the detection system will send an alarm and close the automatic shut-off valve to lessen or prevent water damage from frozen pipes.

 

LOW TEMPERATURE

Protect your business, home, vacation home or investment property from damage in the winter-season. Low Temperature sensors are designed to send a signal to a central alarm system when the temperature in your home drops below 39°. We will then alert you or your designated fuel service provider to take action and avoid costly repairs from damage - see video below.

 

 

 

 

E.P.A. STATISTICS ON CO POISONING

ACCORDING TO THE U.S. E.P.A…

  • Hundreds of people die accidentally every year from carbon monoxide poisoning caused by malfunctioning or improperly used fuel-burning appliances.
  • Even more die from carbon monoxide produced by idling cars.
  • Fetuses, infants, elderly people, and people with anemia or with a history of heart or respiratory disease can be especially susceptible.
  • At moderate levels, you or your family can get severe headaches, become dizzy, mentally confused, nauseated, or faint. You can even die if these levels persist for a long time.
  • Low levels can cause shortness of breath, mild nausea, and mild headaches, and may have longer term effects on your health. Since many of these symptoms are similar to those of the flu, food poisoning, or other illnesses, you may not think that carbon monoxide poisoning could be the cause.
  • DON’T ignore symptoms, particularly if more than one person is feeling them. You could lose consciousness and die if you do nothing.
  • Visit the US Environmental Protection Agency

http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/coftsht.html

Call us today at 283-3400 x 109 to receive a FREE CONSULTATION.